Friday, June 4, 2010

Hitchhikin'



The beautiful weather yesterday convinced me that I should ride the scooter my wonderful brother let me borrow for the summer to work. After work I realized I needed to jet over to Home Depot (again) for more supplies to complete my most recent project. Just as a side note- it is never a good idea to go to home depot on a scooter, I developed some incredible balancing skills trying to get everything home. But I digress. On my way home, laden down with bags, a group of homeless men thought it would be funny to try and get me to pick them up. They stuck there thumbs out and when I started to laugh they proceeded to chase me down the street. Who knew homeless people were so fast?
But the real question is- how much can the scooter hold? Apparently just me, some pruning shears, 3 tarps, 25 feet of hose, twine and about 15 pounds of spackle.

2 comments:

  1. oh please! You've been to China! It can hold a family of 5, a pig with rigamortis (sp?) and a week's worth of groceries. I'm quite certain you could have fit at least 3 of those homeless men on with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its true! in fact that was the exact image that flashed before my eyes. I just didnt want to become THAT person. :)

    ReplyDelete