Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My New Fascination

Recently I have become a little too interested in vintage ads. My brother had this one has his profile picture for a while- and I think that's what spurred this new hobby on.



This picture is terrifying- but awesome in its terrifying-ness. I think there are a lot of life lessons to be learned in these ads; for instance- "always eat your ham" and "Don't forget the Tenderoni!" As you peruse my favorite ads please feel free to let us know what you have learned from them! I think this may prove to be very interesting.













It's True- we would all be a little happier if we ate lard!













4 comments:

  1. I love them all--of course, my favorite is the PB and J with the little girl who looks like she's thinking, after lunch I'm going to KILL you! Remember the scary baby card? Ah, memories. I'm also a fan of the spanking one--is the husband going to find out that she is into S&M with another man? Hmm...many questions. I have to say though, I take offense at the free for chubbies ad--as I happen to currently be "chubby," although free stuff is always good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only one i forgot to post was this ad that had a "chubby" standing in front of a pile of food and it said "eat, eat eat! all the food you want with sterilized tapeworms!" YIKES!

    but yes, every little girl likes toast with blood smeared on it! it really gets the soul-sucking juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how all the children look possessed. And I don't even have time to write how I feel about all the others. However, did anyone else think of something dirty when you read the word "chubbies"?? Sorry, I'm a dirt bag.

    ReplyDelete