Monday, May 11, 2009

In the interest of time, space, and the sanity of my blog readers I am going to sum of the next few days of my trip by just saying that it was spent in the car driving through some of the most beautiful country side I have ever seen! We visited Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Germany, and Austria. But by far my favorite place we visited was Bled, Slovenia. All the places we went were beautiful, but for some reason Slovenia seemed to be my “brand” of beautiful. There were hardly any tourist there which I really appreciated, but more than that Bled was really naturally beautiful. The town is built around a lake that has an island in the middle that had a church on it, there was a large cliff that lead into the lake that had a fantastic castle on top. We hiked through the mud to the top of the cliff to visit the castle, and of course whenever you get me and mud in the same room it is bound to interesting, and indeed it was! I fell once while going up a steep hill, luckily I just fell on my hands and that was easily cleaned up, the second time was a little different… I not only fell on my butt, but I slid about 15 feet down the hill… yikes! After changing into clean clothes Tristan and I went to the Vintgar Gorge and did a nice little nature walk near a beautiful raging river!








2 comments:

  1. Any videos of the butt-slide? I've seen pics on facebook, but I'm really hoping there is some live action stuff out there somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately no, our camera man was taking a break when i decided to introduce my butt to the mountain.

    ReplyDelete