Monday, May 11, 2009

The Amazing European Vacation!

I just got back from an amazing, and incredibly busy 10 days in Europe! It started, as all my trips seem to start, with a terrible nights’ sleep. Only this time I wasn’t sleeping because I was anxious, I wasn’t sleeping because the chairs at the SLC airport are terribly uncomfortable! I was flying standby and when that happens it is never certain that I will be able to get on the flight I would like to, and this happened a few times on this trip! I was planning on flying to New York on a midnight flight that looked very empty, once I got to the airport it turned out that the flight was overbooked by quite a few people. I didn’t have the heart to call my parents and have them come pick me up, so I just “slept” at the airport. I really didn’t sleep much; mostly I just wandered around and talked to the cleaning crews. But the morning came and I was able to get on a flight to Atlanta and then on to Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment